The Nintendo E3 Digital Event started off with the President of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Amie, and fourth president and CEO of Nintendo Co., LTD., and CEO of NOA, face-to-face battling. After battling for a moment, Reggie readies his body and faces Iwata in a smash Bros. Battle- both of them playing as their Miis!
Sakurai then confirmed that Miis would be playable(Miis will have a custom move-set and three different battle forms- Brawler, swordfighter, and shooter) in SSB4 along with a release date for both versions of the game. The 3DS Version will be released October 3rd, 2014 and the Wii U version will be released this Holiday.
During the battle Iwata put a small mario figure onto his Wii U game pad and Mario had appeared on the screen battling Reggie for Iwata. Afterwards information on these small figures (Now known as "AMIIBOs") were released. AMIIBOs are small figures that will be used in multiple games such as Mario Party 10(Yes, you heard me right, Mario Party 10), Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., and other Nintendo titles. They will be purchasable at an unknown date. Some AMIIBOs include Tom Nook, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, e.t.c. That was all for Smash Bros.
After that, nothing much happened, but here are some new titles that are coming from Nintendo:
* Yoshi's Wooly World- (AKA, Yarn Yoshi) coming to Wii U. It was also announced that this game will be 2-player which will enhance gameplay experience.
* Everyone's beloved Captain Toad from Super Mario 3D World got his own title- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker! This game will be released on the Nintendo Wii U and will most likely be an adventure/puzzle game.
* Aiji Aonuma,director of the Legend of Zelda franchise announced that in the upcoming Zelda(for Wii U) game, that all areas of the game will be accessible which means there will be no boundaries. Not much info was revealed but Aonuma did show a small portion of gameplay.
* Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire(remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire)- This was already announced a while back. However, today they showed some sneak peeks of the gameplay footage and mega evolutions for all 3 Hoenn starters and for Groudon and Kyogre. Plus, the offical release date, November 21st, 2014.
* A Bayonetta 2 (for Wii U) trailer was shown. Bayonetta 2 will be released in October of this year.
* Hyrule Warriors(for Wii U)- This game is takes place in Hyrule- the land in which Zelda and Link live in. In this game you fight many wars and can play as one of these 4 characters- Link, Zelda, Minda, and Impa. This game will be released September 26th of this year.
* Next is a sequel of Kirby's Epic Yarn- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. This sequel features Kirby. Except, this time you and the world around you is transformed into clay. This tile will be released on Wii U in 2015
* Xenoblade Chronicles X ( for Wii U)- This will be a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles which was released in 2010 on Wii. Xenoblades Chronicles X will be released in 2015.
* This next one was my favorite announcment - Mario Maker for the Wii U! This is a title in which YOU the player gets to design your own Mario stage in 8-bit form or in HD (from New Super Mario Bros U). This game will be released in 2015!
* Splatoon- A game where you play as a paintballer and try to cover a territory with your color paint. This game will also have an online multiplayer feature where you can play together up to 8 players. This game does not have an offical release date yet.
* This game was not announced during the Nintendo Digital Event- Project R. Project R is a game where you play as a robot and attack other robots in a Godzilla-like city. There is also a mode where you protect a base from robots.
After these games were announced, a SSB4 trailer was shown revealing Palutena as a playable character!
Well thats all folks! Hope you enjoyed this recap! Don't forget to watch the Nintendo Treehouse digital "events" in the next few days!
* Source: Nintendo E3 Digital Event*