As all you Nintendo fans know, Mario Kart 8 was just released exclusively to Wii U on May 30th. This new Mario Kart includes Anti-Gravity features, playing worldwide 12-player online races, Sharing your races online, HD graphics, and much more other mind-blowing features! Today, I will be showing you the Pros and cons of this amazing game! Let us begin!
* Mario Kart 8 has a series of cups for you to complete and unlock new characters and carts. You can choose your speed(AKA difficulty) to use(50cc, 100cc, and 150cc) which can really challenge you sometimes. There are 4 courses in each cup with a total of 8 cups(overall 32 tracks) in Mario Kart 8. Nintendo did a wonderful job on creating these cups. There are a variety of tracks from the past Mario Kart games along with some new tracks. Each track has been revised and given a HD remake along with an anti-gravity feature.
* There is a good selection of characters. You can play as the infamous Koopalings or your favorite Mario character.
* Good selection of carts and bikes that you get to customize.
* Once you start your first cup the game gets really addictive and challenging.
* Time trials are another fun challenge to do. You race againist other people's ghost to try and break their top record on a track. You can also go against a Nintendo employee's ghost!(Try to beat all of their ghost and you will get a special prize!)
* You are also able to play multiplayer(up to four players) on these cups. This option is a fun way for your family or friends to enjoy Mario Kart 8 together.
* Although the tracks were very enjoyable, I would possibly like to see a few more NEW courses.
* You can not hold more than 2 different items like in previous Mario Karts.
Gameplay score: 9/10
* Mario Kart 8 features a well designed HD gameplay for the whole game. I was truly impressed by how hard they worked to make this game have stunning graphics.
* Seeing the "retro" stages in HD was very awesome and I really liked how Nintendo revised the graphics to make it look like a whole new track!
* The items were also in HD which was very beautiful for a gamer.
Graphic score: 10/10
* Nintendo really did a great job on online gameplay this time. In online mode you can race with up to 12 players(Including you)!
* Online play also allows you to make a team of 2 which includes you and another player to play split screen online!
* VR Points are also a great way to keep up on how your doing online! The more you win the more points you get. However, if you get a low place you will lose points. VR Points are displayed on your user before starting an online match.
* When trying to attempt to play online you might get an error message which can be annoying sometimes.
* Due to lag, it sometimes seems that other players have "teleported" in front of you when they have not.
Online Gameplay score: 8/10
* Mario Kart 8 has a good amount of content for players to explore. Lots of characters, tracks, and karts is what makes Mario Kart 8 full of content.
* DLC coming to Mario Kart 8 such as the Mercedez Benz kart and the leaked photo of new character additions will help keep Mario Kart 8's content alive and enjoyable.
* After you collect everything you possibly can (All carts, characters, cups, e.t.c.) it can be kind of annoying having nothing to do but playing online, waiting for the DLC to be released.
Content Score: 9/10
Genre Focus (Racing)
* Nintendo put Mario Kart 8 in the racing genre (obviously) and stuck to this genre.
* The game itself is about racing and I believe they did a good job focusing on this genre. However, I would probably also have this fall in the action genre because of its Battle Mode i which there is much action.
Genre Focus score: 9/10
So, overall Nintendo did a good job putting together Mario Kart 8 and I would have to say that this is my most favorite Mario Kart yet.
I would recommend this game to gamers of all ages. It is a family fun game that everyone can enjoy.
Overall Score: 9/10
*Mario Kart is available on the Nintendo Wii U eShop and in retail*
*I gladly appreciate feedback on my reviews! Please tell me what you think I did best or what I could do better next time. Thank you!*