1. While in High School, Saturo Iwata created simple "number games" using caculators.
2. Saturo Iwata, helped contribute to the making of the Legends of Zelda along with Shigeru Miyamoto.
3. Iwata was the first Nintendo president to not be related to the Yamauchi family through blood or marriage.
4. While Iwata was at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, he joined HAL Laboratory, contributing to games liked Earthbound and Kirby.
5. When Super Smash Bros. Melee was most likely not going to be able to be released on time due to game issues/bugs, Iwata spent 3 weeks fixing up the game, allowing it to be released on time.
Nintendo's president did more than an average company's leader would do. Saturo Iwata went above and beyond to help his company and satisfy gamers.